Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sad but Beautiful Day

On Friday January 23, 2009 Family and Friends of my Dad, came together to lay my father to rest in the City of Mesa Cemetery. We had a family viewing in the morning with a family prayer. We then proceeded to the chapel and had a beautiful service for my dad. My sister spoke about memories that we had growing up of my dad. The life story was given by me step-brother Jarrod very funny at times and very sweet, A Spiritual message was given by my step-brother Jason. Our good family friend Bill Pollard sang with his beautiful voice. We then proceeded to the cemetery for the burial of my father. My husband and I drove my fathers jeep for the proceedings. That jeep was his pride and joy. After the internment to the cemetery we went back to the church building and had a luncheon provided by the ward relief society. There were about 75+ people there for this portion. My cousin Mindy and her Husband Brandon made a video of my dad's life to my dad's favorite songs. It was so beautiful to see the pictures. Everyone enjoyed it. We took the above picture at the luncheon. What a beautiful family, my dad is so proud of all of us!!!
At the viewing the night before the funeral some of Kim's colleagues came to view my dad and to see Kim, they brought the wings in the above picture and asked Kim if she would put them on my Dad to be buried with him so that he would always be flying in the sky.
The flower arrangement that went on top of the casket was made by my aunt's sister and family. They incorporated a Jeep climbing up a pile of rocks. They also had single roses that had a quote ribboned to it that said "Got Rocks". The eulogy started out with that saying. My dad loved rocks, climbing them, collecting them and anything else to do with them.
Many people sent amazing flower arrangements for my dad. They were huge and colorful, like my dad's life. He always tried to live life to the fullest and always surrounded himself around nature that grows bright and beautiful. Thank you to all that keep my family in your prayers and support Kim, the kids, and extended family. We greatly appreciate it!!!

2 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

It was a beautiful funeral. It was a privilege to be there and to have known your dad. We love you all and are thinking of you at this time.
Love, Shannon

The Pro-Creators said...

What an inspiring funeral, How could Bruce not be proud to have a family like that. We love you guys, if there's anything you need, just give us a shout.