Sunday, May 17, 2009

Peach Season

We went out to Schnepf farms and picked organic peaches right off of the tree!!! It was a lot of fun, especially to see all of the peaches that had grown "funky" so to speak. One of them had grown together with three other ones, Scott said that it looked like a Butt!! (Laughed my butt off !! LOL) We also purchased a jar of their homeade Peach Jam. YUMMM!! I plan on dabbling my hand in making peach jam sometime this week (we will see how this goes), I get the pleasure of using my husband's late Grandma Greenhalgh's cookbook that I have a copy of. I am told that she was an excellent cook. I have tasted some of her recipes made from his mom and sisters, and I have to say that it was so yummy! So hopefully sometime down the road I can post that it was a success with the making of Peach Jam!!!

1 comment:

Aaron and Amber said...

Making freezer jam is really easy. It would be fun to do sometime. . . .