Monday, February 2, 2009

Another BIG setback for us in 2009 !!!!!

Well another set back in our lives happened this weekend! I was at work and Scott had gone with his parents on saturday to Camp Verde to pick pecans at a friends house. He received a phone call from his "2nd" mom Dalia, that he needed to come over to her house right away something terrible had happened. He told her that he was out of town and could not come. He told her that he would come over on sunday. After the pecan picking they took the truck to get firewood and got stuck in the mud for about 6 hours. Scott did not get home until about 10:30 p.m. Upon returning home Scott proceeded to tell me that his best friend (L.R.) since he was in scouts (about 15 years) had gotten into an accident on his way back from texas from a funeral. His wife(Tonya), son(Lewis) , mother-in-law, and brother-in-law were in the car. They had gotten a flat tire that exploded on them and sent the car in the air. Tonya has a cracked pelvis, and she broke her 5th vertibrae and bruised some other ones, Lewis has scratches and a bump on the noggin (he was in his carseat- thank goodness, those things really work), Tonya's mom has a compound fracture to her arm, broken ribs among other things that I cannot remember. Scott then proceeded to tell me that L.R. and his brother-in-law had passed away in the accident. I lost it, I just started crying and could not stop, I was so concerned how Tonya was doing with the news that she would recieve about the tragedy that had happened. Scott has been pretty tight lipped about this whole thing (I think that he is hurting a lot inside and just is not ready to show it, if he ever does) Me on the other hand just lose it when I start remembering the good times that we had together with him. Scott needs to be strong for Daila, Larry, Tod, Bella, Tonya, and Lewis. It is going to be a long recovery for all of us. We love L.R. very much and will miss his laugh, personality, and wise cracks. Just pray for us that we will be able to get through this and that we will be able to get through Jodi losing her father 2 1/2 weeks ago.

2 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours doesn't it? That's so terrible. We're thinking of you!
Shannon

The Lunt Family said...

Jodi and Scott,
I am so sorry! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Becky