Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Sad Day!!

Happy V-Day to everyone!! Yesterday we went to Scott's friend L.R.'s funeral. It was hard for me to go because his family used the same funeral home as my dad and he was also buried in the same cemetary. The services were non LDS (my first one, a bit interesting but beautiful). People who new L.R. were able to get up and give heartwarming thoughts about him, I chose to get up and talk a little bit about him, really hard to do when you are so emotional and your husband is having a hard time with having to say goodbye to him completely. But everyone got through it. Scott was one of the pallbearer's for him. We got to see Tonya (his wife) for the first time since the accident, she has a cast on her arm, has to wear a neck brace (she broke her 5th vertibrae), and has a wheelchair for a while. After the services we proceeded to the cemetary, I took pictures for Tonya. They had the services at the cemetary, and we were able to let balloons go, to fly to heaven! There was a luncheon at a relatives house. Tonya did really well during the funeral, and the luncheon. But Scott and I had to drop off all of the Flowers that were received at the funeral (they ended up in our car) at night, We stayed for a little bit to try and comfort her, she was having a really hard time. She does not know how she is going to be able to do this all alone. We hope that she will eventually be okay with the heartache that has happened to her, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, that she will be okay. Thankfully Scott and I do not live that far from her so we can go over and help her when needed, her son Lewis is gonna need alot of people around to help him and his mom. He is such a active 2 year old. We are going to be going with The Robedeau family this next weekend to go to the Professional Drag Races. It will be alot of fun, we always have a good time with them.

1 comment:

Tonya,Lewis said...

Thanks Jodi for being there that night. I understand that your schedule is much busier than mine. We have been busy between dr visits, and PT has me getting stronger and more comfortable as time passes. As far as my neck the 2nd vertabrae fracture is taking time- need prayers getting into a neurosurgeon for follow up appt to remove my collar and verify fusion. I am scheduled for surgery on my forearm fracture that has further displaced since casted. It's nice to see your blog- I was in process of developing one, so stay posted, I hope you and Scott are well. Talk to you soon