Friday, February 20, 2009

This last weekend Scott and I decided to take a little day trip and go exploring we went up the US 60 towards Globe, we stopped right after the tunnel between Superior and Globe and went exploring and discovered that there was a river down in the ravine, so we hiked down and took some pictures and just enjoyed the scenery, it was a little cold and windy down in the ravine but we enjoyed it. We then hiked back up the ravine to the highway (very steep in spots). We got back on the 60 and drove to the turn off for Oak Flats,it is a really neat little camping area with a little stream running through it. It was really neat to see how the weather erodes an asphalt rode that is not kept up anymore.
After Oak Flats we went onto Globe and explored the downtown area, we stopped at a place called the Pickling Barrell Trading Post in downtown Globe and got to see a lot of old antiques that were not seen anymore. Scott and I found a lot of old Dutch Ovens ( if we had the money, they would have found a new home at our house). While there we learned that there is a train ride that you can take which will take you all the way to the San Carlos Reservation and back while you get to explore the scenery while you ride. We might do tht another time in the future. We ate at Jerry's restraunt ( a staple of good food when I was in college up at EAC). We headed back down to the valley and enjoyed seeing the poppy flowers that are popping up all along the highway. We are going to go explore another spot of this great State of Arizona again. Until the next time....... oh and posting!

3 comments:

Danae said...

What fun! I love to hike. Sounds like a successful day.

Anonymous said...

Wish we could do that.

Mindy Rule said...

I cant believe you found me! I even googled your name a couple months ago to see if you happened to have a blogspot or something! How funny! It has been such a long time, I am glad to get in touch with you again. Sorry to hear about your dad too. Very sad. I will put your blog on my list so I can keep you in contact!