Sunday, April 12, 2009

A day with the Carnes Family!!

Jeeping anyone??? Need I say more to that phrase! We joined up with my Father's side of the family at Mesquite Wash (on the way to Payson)to do a little 4-Wheeling and eat Excellent Mexican Food. My Aunt's and Uncle's were camping there for the weekend. The rain did not stop us from the fun that we had. As Scott puts it a "little" rain makes for a better time while exploring all the hills and washes in a Jeep!! We took off exploring the wetlands revitalization area on foot and got some great pictures and played with all of the dogs, 5 of them.
We then went to do a little bit of 4-wheeling across the highway, it was a blast. We took my Aunt Sabra's partner's daughter Jody with us. I am big Jodi, she is little Jody. She giggled almost the entire time that we went 4-wheeling. I got so wet from the rain soaked washes, my husband thought that it would be a brilliant idea to take the windows off of the jeep because it was nice outside. Oh-well a little water never hurt no one. We made our way back to the camp and talked for a little while, Scott left with all of the Uncle's and cousin-in-laws to go 4-wheeling some more. He was gone forever. I stayed behind to catch up with all of the happenings in everyone's life. My Aunt Sabra and Rosemary cooked Carne Asada, a Ham, and made fresh Salsa. The best that I have ever had in my life. My tummy said YUM to me after I ate it. For dessert the request was for Dutch oven cobbler. So Scott got everything ready for the goodness that was to come. We made a peach/pineapple, and a apple pie filling one. They were so good. We all hung around 1 of the 2 campfires going on, telling jokes, and playing with one of the dogs "Corona" who loved flashlights. She would chase the lights everywhere. It was so much fun. It was a very good day to have gone out to be with my Father's side of the family. Scott and Emily made the trip out there to be with us for a couple of hours, I was so glad that they were able to come and be with us. I know that the Carnes side really enjoyed seeing them. Being with the Carnes side of the family helped me with the slow healing process of losing my Father 3 months ago. I want to continue to be around them as much as possible, to help me remember all of the greatest things about my Father.
We were able to get this photo near the camp site. It looks like a giant acorn, but in all reality it is a hive full of Bees!!
This was one of the coolest things that I have seen in a while this Scorpion crawled out of the log that was on the fire and cooked itself on top of the log.

4 comments:

Marie & Richard Daines said...

Cool photos. But, where is the scorpion?

Jodi said...

the scorpion is just to the right of the burned part of the log that you see in the photo! It does kind of blend in but itlooks like a long stick! Hopefully you can see it!

Aaron and Amber said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun 4wheeling and kicking back. Glad you were able to find time to play!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. You don't know me, but I think I know your Aunt Sabra. Please tell her, "Hi from Karlyn" (pronounced: Car LYNN). Thanks, and enjoy!