Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A days of downs soon to turn up

Well today has been a very difficult day, Kim (my step-mom) called me at about noon and said that my father was in the hospital! He was at his appointment with his oncologist and had had a seizure right in front of the doctor, they ambulances him over to Banner Baywood (his oncologist is only 2-3 blocks from the hospital), so I called my brother and sister to let them know the situation and was in the Blazer before I even called my husband to let him know where I was headed. I got to the hospital and Kim met me out front to take me back into the emergency room area where he was at. He had just got back from a brain scan to determine if there was anything wrong immediately in his brain. It came back as being fine. I waited in the waiting area and then Kim came and told me that they were giving him a room. By then my sister and brother and his wife had shown up. So we stayed with my dad until 10 pm they are going to keep him Thursday (they are going to be doing a cat scan and an MRI because this is not the first time that this has happened to him so they want to do more extensive tests on him to determine why this is happening) so he may come home Thursday or Friday, we will have to see. For those of you who are reading this Blog and do not know already my father is battling, Gastric Carcinoma "Stomach Cancer" right now and he is in 3rd week of 6 weeks into his treatment of Chemo and Radiation.

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Oh, Jodi, I am so sorry for all that your family is going through, especially your dad. Please know that we are thinking of you often and understand a bit of what you are feeling since we are facing the situation with Ryan's mom. Hang in there and if you need us for ANYTHING, we are there!
Love, Shannon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi! Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things get better for him. Jason has been having issues with his left arm the last few months and he finally went to a cardiologist this past wednesday. He had to get an EKG done, found nothing. He went in this morning for an altrosound and nothing. The doctor wants to do more testing with him too. If your dad needs to talk about kemo nad all that, I'm sure Jay wouldn't mind talking to him, since he's been through all that...twice. Let us know how he's doing. (ignore the deleted comment. I can't spell so I did this over, sorry!)