Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Earthly and Heavenly Father's Day

This day is a great day for the father's that I have in my life. There are two earthly father's that I want mention. The first is Delbert Leafty (my mom's husband), this man has been the best thing for my mom after my parents split up. He is so kind and generous and would give you the shirt of off his back for you. He has taught Scott and I so much. He has some of the greatest advice in life, and he looks out for all of his children. The second one is Boyd Thompson, this man is very kind, loving, and very generous. He has accepted me with no qualms about the fact that I came into a very opinionated family, who was totally different than the way I was raised. He was one of the first ones that talked with me and told me to just ride out the drama that is the Thompson family. He has shared many life stories of his time in Guam, (I am thankful to be able to understand a hint of what he went through over there). Thank you to Boyd for raising my husband to be the man that he is today. The last and most close to my heart is my father Bruce David Carnes! It has been a very long yet fast 6 months since my father left his earthly body and went to live with his father in heaven. It has been very hard to cope with life on a daily basis!! Thankfully Scott has tried to help me cope with that loss of my father (way before I was ready to let him go). It has been a very trying time but it is slowly becoming easier to cope with the loss of my dad! The thing that I miss the most is his voice and smile. He had a very kind voice. He was such an example to me. I am so thankful every day that I was able to come to this world and be born to my mother and father! He taught me to look at life as a new adventure daily. I miss him so terribly much, but I know that he is in a better place, and that he is helping to watch over my future children and the future children of all of his children!!!
So happy father's day to all of the father's in my life may it be Earthly or Heavenly!! Thank you so much to Heavenly Father for taking care of them all!!

No comments: