Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy "Father's" Day

Even though today is father's day and we have not been blessed with our "own" children, Scott is a great father in so many ways to the "minons" in his life. He loves them all with his whole heart, and wants the best for them in their lives.
When he stole my heart 7 1/2 years ago, I would have never imagined that I would fall in love with him even more every single day. He loves me so much and lets me know every day that I am his number one girl!!! The trials that we have been through, have helped us so much to become each other's best friend.
I love that he is such an outdoors person. He loves that he married a woman who shares his love of the nature. When he becomes a father, Oh the things that he will teach them! Every day I grown amazed at the ability that he has to communicate with alot of his "minons", especially Camron, Emma and Nathan. Camron will always hold a special place in his heart, and he will always look out for him for the rest of his life. That boy has done alot to soften Scott's exterior shell! Emma with her sassy attitude, he says that she is a 30 year old in a 3 year old body, but yet they have a closeness that I love. And Nathan, quiet, but will attack you from behind when you least expect it. Scott still says that Nathan stole his blanket from him, but who better to have that blanket than Nathan who will always take care of it.
Every day that we spend with children I just have to sit back and love the scene that is playing out in front of me. He loves all children, and cannot wait until he can become a dad!!!! I want to thank my husband for loving me enough to allow me to find things out on my own (at my own pace). Thank you so much for being such a great husband to me and providing for our daily lives, in any way that you can. Here's to another 50+ years together on this earth!!!

2 comments:

Aaron and Amber said...

We were reading your blog about Scott and then scrolled down to the part about your dad, and Emma asked where was he. I told her that he lives with Heavenly Father and Jesus. She then asked what happened to him- where I told her that he got really sick. Then she asked it he got bit from an alligator. I told her no. LOL~!!!

Now she wants to write you, Jodi and Jodi"s dad this message:
t75tytyhyy8httttt6ru6wevgbvbhjguinkn9lllokli80.ulphiyiyiibmboyii88888kjkioommg,g.lhlhgj ojkkjgjguihihjhjhhkkoohhkhlkhkhkhkluukk7kulhkh,, ,,n,hlh,mbkhlb, khohiykykgikgikhk mhbkmhugikbkbllnlhll,khihihiibiibiihihkkhkkkhkhlh;;h;jjljluuiyuiuk,l,h,ulk,lu..ljlululkjkmhbcguruuuuur8i
Translation:
I want to hold them, and eat their breakfast, and hold them forever, and hold them all by myself. And I love them, and hold them (repeated like 20 times). and eat them breakfast.
This is what she says

Marie & Richard Daines said...

I read your post and just starting laughing. Nathan saw the picture of Anne-Marie with Scott and asked where his picture was. He then asked where's Jodi?

He also wanted to say that he had fun on his two hikes this weekend, but missed his Scotty.

I love Emma's comments. That is what Jon's, and Nathan's conversations are like most of the time.