Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why Arizona?

Last Monday I got off work alittle early and decided that it would be fun to go shooting and do some 4wheeling. I asked Kayla if she want to come since the last few times I have gone out she had not been able to go. We went to a great area near the Four Peaks, called Mud Springs. I don't know why Kayla gets alittle scared when she goes 4wheeling with me...what a scared pants... lol.. just kidding Kayla. We had a blast shooting my .22 rifle and 4wheeling. Her is Kayla shooting my .22 rifle, she is a pretty good shot with it at 25 yards and she is getting a little better each time we go out. Today at work, The co-worker I was working with asked me Why Arizona? I said what do you mean "Why Arizona"? He clarified his question. Why would you move to Arizona? I told him I didn't move to Arizona, I've lived here my whole life. He stopped what he was doing and just looked at me like I was crazy. He made the most obvious statement next,"Your a native to Arizona!!!!!" why have you stayed here so long? My answer to his question was simple, I love it here. The weather is not that bad, sure it is hot during the summer months, the spring,fall and winter weather is great. Arizona is a great place to live. I can go and do the things I love to do any time of the year, like camping, fishing, 4wheeling, exploring the state, taking pictures of things, like the Suguro cactus. Arizona has a vast divesity of terrains that you can't find anywhere else, the low desert to the high alpine and everything in between them. after I answered his question all he said was "it's wierd to see someone that is native to Arizona and I need to see the state move, because I have no idea what you are talking about the vast terrians because all I have seen is desert".
I told him that he should go out over the weekend and go explore the state, he might discover something he never knew before about the state he lives in.

3 comments:

Bret and Kayla said...

i look like a dork... and i did pretty darn tooten good with the 4-wheeling, but my stomach started to churn after eating the cheese-its... and you didnt even mention the bunnies! i found most of your targets..... but t was fun, thank you again for taking me. :) we should take bret out one day lol

Aaron and Amber said...

I think it would be fun to go too :) I just have to do something with my kids- hummmm-maybe another day.

AZ is a fun place to be as long as you can find cool things to do in the 3 month long summer. I know we have talked about taking the girls on road trips, but I think they are a little too young to appreciate the things we see when we go- so we are going to wait a a couple more years to really enjoy the scenery around.

Great pics!

Marie & Richard Daines said...

I agree with Amber, we would like to go as well. My older boys would like to go as well. I can have my in-laws or even my spouse watch the little ones and I will go.

I like the pictures as well. You should tell your co-workers about the free National Park days this weekend. There are many to choose from and they are free on Saturday and Sunday.

Nathan want to come swimming.